Tuesday, February 21, 2023

One way to Cure Writer's Block

At a recent(-ish) event, I met another local writer who said she has trouble editing while she writes, and as a result feels she cannot get anything completed.

Hoping my response sounded witty, I quoted Mark Twain's saying: 

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the right words."

To be clear, I didn't try to pass it off as an original observation.

Anyway, I've never had much trouble with the first part. Crossing out the right words always seems to drag on. Delaying deadlines and publication becomes routine when you tell yourself, "Just one more round of revisions..." 

So, to keep myself on track editing the next set of novellas, I'm posting this calendar I put together in January. 



If you don't want to zoom in or try to read my handwriting, I'll throw out a few highlights:

1 - Anthology Two should be done and ready for publishing this July. 

2 - Anthology Two will include Part Two (of Three) of Black Mesa, and three novellas. 

4 - Anthology Three should hit the Amazon in time for Halloween, and will include the conclusion of Black Mesa, as well as at least two more novellas, maybe a third. We'll see how the brainstorming goes.

That's all I have to say about that. 

For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment